DdcCabuslay

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I need a break (from the internet)

It's been a while since I've posted.  This is going to be a small one about something I want to do when I get the chance.

I'm someone who's very connected with the internet.  I tweet everyday, I check Facebook too often and I use Snapchat just as much as I do Facebook.  Clearly I'm very much connected to the social internet.  Maybe too connected.

One week, I want to get away.  I want to give myself a week to disconnect from all forms of social media and disconnect from the internet.  I want to also disconnect from all sorts of text messaging, so that the only method of communication between myself and another party is through voice.

What will I do in that week? I don't know. Go out? Sleep all week? Read? There are many things I can consider doing, but what I want to make sure is that throughout this week, I spend it with myself and use it to reflect on my life. Where I want to go, who I want to be etc. without all the distractions of the internet. 

I'll probably regret doing this on day 1, and maybe even not earn anything out of it by day 7.  But this is something that I know I need, and I want to take that chance sooner rather than later.

1 comment :

  1. It'll be difficult, and more so as the week goes on, but by the end of it, you'll find that you'll have freed some time by not spending so much time on the Internet, and will continue to spend less time on it afterwards, at least for a couple of weeks. All the best!

    ReplyDelete